Petite Poetry Thursdays: William Ernest Henley’s Invictus

Petite Poetry Thursday. Why? Because it is a life's love. Enjoy poetry on Thursdays of my own and others.

Today is a piece by another. A very famous poem by William Ernest Henley called Invictus. I read this a long time ago and once finished, I loved it, I actually referenced him and this poem in A Burdened Novel's Book 2 Tainted.

Invictus 
BY William Ernest Henley 

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as he pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be,
For unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, 
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul. 


This poem holds so much meaning to me and truth. I had a feature on a blog a few days back about life's choices. In life we are offered so many choices, and majority of the time (without thinking) we often choose the wrong one. It sometimes results in failure but after that failure comes success or turmoil. We guide our selves to places of love or hate. To places of defeat or our destiny. To places of happiness or misery. We are  the "masters" of out fate and the we are the captains of our souls.
Here is my guest post about Our Life Choices on Book Reviews By Dee's Blog.
bookreviewsbydee.com/peiriann/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment! ;)