Read and Next To Read

As you all know, I'm trying to take a break from writing. (It never works, but I'm trying)


I was looking through my TBR books and notices three books I've already read but didn't rate. It's the Fallen Trilogy. First of all let me say there are a million books (seem like) with this title. When I searched this title wwaaayyy too many of the wrong books populated. I was like omg, I'm getting tired of scrolling. But then I search by the authors name Nhan Diep. That did it! Duh!
So back to these books. The Fallen Trilogy

Book 1 - Fallen

Book 2 - Retribution

Book 3 - Redemption

I thought this was a pretty good series. I finished all three books and found myself really liking the characters. The plot was oddly entertaining. It's one of those fallen angel type of reads with a bit of a twist without the religion basis. It kind of reminded me of Max Payne (for those that have seen it). But that's only in relation to the drugs. There was more action than romance, heat level was more on the 1-3 scale (not even). The author switches POV A LOT, A LOT A LOT. It wasn't overbearing, but you are literally flipping through three or four (maybe more, definitely more) characters POV all in one book. Sometimes I guess it answered some questions you'd wonder what the other person was thinking and what are these other people doing. But I like a little mystery. I like having a couple of unasked questions that allows my imagination to run wild with some scenes. I didn't get that with any of these, but I kept reading because all in all it was a pretty good read. The last book was the best. My fav character was Caim, I really enjoyed reading about him and from his POV.
This series I give 4 out of 5 stars.
These released some years ago and aren't really popular. I was surprised at that because I thought they were decent...but what do I know. We all have different taste.



Next up, this book called uhh.... Wait I forgot. (I had to go look) Okay, it's called Airborne. I kindle bought this today. This book had a lot of mixed reviews, 1 to 5 stars. So because of that, I said I'd check it out. It's a part of a series as well. The cover is okay, and the synopsis was decent. We'll see what happens.


Avery knew she had a knack for attracting trouble, but even she is shocked when a six-foot-something harpie shows up on her doorstep. Coping with the existence of a mythological race? Okay. Unwittingly finding herself in the middle of a vicious harpie conflict? A little less okay. Having to rely on an arrogant harpie boy who gets under her skin? Now that is something Avery isn't sure she can handle.

I'll update and let you all know what I think when I'm finish. 

Happy Reading
PA LLL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment! ;)